No two commercial investigations are the same. They might involve researching and scrutinising your own people and outsiders, or making painstaking enquires into your business processes and procedures.
There is far more to company theft than you might be aware of. It includes all the obvious crimes, but can also involve any or all of the following:
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
- Embezzlement and Money Laundering
- Illegal Activities of all Sorts
- Regulatory and Data Theft plus Data Breaches
- Financial Misconduct and Vendor Fraud
- Accounting Irregularities
- Harassment and Bullying
- Libel, Discrimination and Defamation
- Misappropriation and Lost Inventory
Why you need help with commercial investigation
The best covert investigators have exceptional confidence and expertise. They react well under pressure, are quick-thinking and make decisions rapidly.
Once the evidence gathering phase has been completed, the evidence has to be presented in exactly the right way so that it is fit for the police to use and admissible in court.
It must deliver the right level of detail and proof, constructed to withstand the accused party’s defence. Devising, implementing and carrying out an investigation requires multifaceted skills and specialised knowledge.
What does commerce investigation involve?
Every investigation is different. We never try to force a standard investigation onto anyone. We tailor every project to the specific needs of the client. But most investigations involve a handful of essential activities including:
- Evaluate the situation thoroughly from every angle to find out exactly what we are dealing with. Is a full or part investigation required? Is there sufficient information to start an investigation and, if not, what needs to happen next?
- Carry out meticulous background checks into the people or companies involved to search for evidence of corruption or fraud
- Formulate a plan of action, determining all the evidence that needs to be collected and establishing a contingency plan in case things change
- Interview external witnesses and organisations to get the detailed, specific information needed for the next stage
- Refine the investigation parameters based on the information gathered, client meetings, their objectives and goals
- Provide a through and comprehensive report detailing the work carried out, findings, conclusions and recommendations for the future
Why use us for
We have many years of experience in investigating commercial operations and we know the type and style of evidence the police and courts need. As outsiders, it is much easier for our agents to stay calm and focused. Because your case has our sole attention, we have the time and energy necessary to conclude a thorough, professional job.
How to make a start
You believe someone who is in or connected with your organisation is acting suspiciously. You are concerned there is illegal or fraudulent activity but you have no proof. To put a stop to it calmly and effectively you will need professional help, specifically our help. We are always available on the phone. If you would like to have a chat about your problem or ask our professional advice, our experts will be delighted to help.